Online reviews have clearly given consumers that power when it comes to reputation and word-of-mouth. With the ability to share their experience with others, your patients are now in control of the things that are said about your practice.
In addition to sharing their experiences for the world to see, others (i.e., potential patients) rely on these reviews to help determine whether or not they want to do business with your practice. As such, it’s absolutely CRITICAL that you take the gathering and RESPONDING to patient reviews with the seriousness this topic deserves.
If you aren’t yet taking the time to respond and communicate with your patients that are leaving feedback, now is certainly the time to start. Specifically,
- ReviewTrackers found that 52 percent of customers expect to hear back from brands within 7 days of writing an online review, particularly one that’s negative or critical. 1 in 4 customers are more demanding, expecting a review response within 3 days, while 21 percent expect brands to have a response time of 24 hours or less.
- 78 percent of consumers say that seeing management respond to online reviews makes them believe that the business cares more about them.
Here’s a list of 8 ways you can use online reviews and the way you respond to strengthen your practice’s position with your patients:
- Resolve issues and offer a solution
- Reinforce positives in the patient experience
- Recognize staff and share patient success with the team
- Compliment the patient
- Issue a sincere apology
- Be considerate
- Highlight company values
To see specific examples of how companies used each of these opportunities, visit Review Trackers blog HERE.
If you’d like help navigating specific situations with your patient reviews, WE CAN HELP.
Simply schedule a one-on-one consultation to talk and let’s get started helping you take back control of your online reputation!